AirFlo M Duo
- Fast shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
AirFlo M Duo
Our customers come in all shapes and sizes and we’ve had a lot of feedback from those that found that our AirFlo and Glider systems were too wide for them to use on long shoots. Our AirFlo Series has sold well and has been a rock-solid performer in performance and price so we decided to build a more compact version that we call the AirFlo M.
The New AirFlo M Duo does away with selecting just one spring and instead, you get 3 sets of different strength springs that can be easily changed in minutes. This way, one 4th axis can take you from phone rigs weighing 1.3pound (600g) up to 6.6pounds (3kg) for heavy mirrorless rigs.
The shorter stabilizer modules together with a simpler, more robust build have improved the overall rigidity resulting in a general improvement in smoothing ability.
The following video is of the AirFlo M's big brother but many of the features are the same or similar. Video coming soon!
Jeff Foster, Top Television & Film Pro, reviews our AirFlo M Duo 4th Axis used with his Ronin S.
Bundles on Special
You can choose from the following reduced price bundles that we've put together for you. Some items allow you to choose different components too.
Occasionally, bundles don't display properly. If this happens then please let us know at customerservice@
|Comparing the AirFlo Duo to the AirFlo M Duo|
|AirFlo Duo||AirFlo M Duo|
|Mounts||Modular - comes with Base Mount 1/4-20 but can take others||Base Mount 1/4-20 only|
|Springs||1 set||3 sets|
|User Changed Springs||No||Yes|
|Payload Range||Only one of the following Springs||All 3 Springs included|
|Light||450g to 1.0kg (1 - 2.2pounds)||600g to 1.1kg (1.3 - 2.4 pounds)|
|Medium||850g - 2.5kg (1.9 - 5.5pounds)||1.1kg - 1.7kg (2.4 - 4 pounds)|
|Heavy||2.6kg - 4.2kg (5.7 - 9pounds)||1.7kg - 3kg (4 - 6.6 pounds)|
The AirFlo M Duo is such great value with its ultra-compact size and its lightweight dual-handle dual-suspension 4th axis stabilizer that's built to make your bumpy gimbal footage buttery smooth.
We've taken out the 'fluff' and added all the best bits from our popular stabilizers and distilled it down into this new ultra-compact and lightweight 4th axis or z-axis stabilizer - and it's now the best 'bang for your buck' 4th axis stabilizer on the market by a long shot!
With the reversible 1/4-20 mount, you can attach most gimbals with a 1/4-20 in their base and also switch it from upright to inverted for that Ronin M form factor that so many really love.
Spring Change Video
We're incredibly proud of this design!
The design goals were to reduce its size and make it work with more payloads while improving on our industry-standard bounce reduction at the same time.
We have had many requests for a reduced overall width to better suit smaller operators or for when you're working in tight spaces.
This system with 3 sets of easily changed springs gives you one 4th axis for most of your rigs.
- Its packed size is small
- It's around half the weight of the Pro 3
- The bounce damping uses PTFE to give 'fluid-like' damping
- 16 stainless steel bearings to make it glide even softer.
- The gimbal screw has a deep 1/4-20 in its base for attaching gimbal extenders or other gear.
- We made it strong but light with specialised internal strengthening
- This is now our most refined geometry - all payloads give silky smooth iso-elastic suspension.
- The handles lean ever so slightly forward - This prevents rigs from wobbling forward and aft which can translate into unwanted vertical bouncing.
- Handles come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio.
With practice using the AirFlo M Duo you’ll be able to achieve footage that is at least as smooth as the bigger AirFlo Duo and almost as smooth as our Glider Pro 3 models in a much lighter rig. Once you master it you can even achieve footage that looks like it’s shot on rails! We have a comprehensive user guide to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
The AirFlo M Duo 4th axis stabilizer comes with 3 sets of different strength springs.
It comes with the Medium Springs installed but can easily be changed over in just minutes.
The payload weight is worked out by adding all your equipment that is mounted to the 4th axis stabilizer (i.e. camera, gimbal, follow focus servo, etc).
|Spring||Payload Range||Rig Types|
|Heavy||1.7kg - 3kg (4 - 6.6 pounds)||Mirrorless and DSLR|
|Medium||1.1kg - 1.7kg (2.4 - 4 pounds)||compact camera, light mirrorless|
|Light||600g to 1.1kg (1.3 - 2.4 pounds)||Large Smartphone|
An Ultra-Compact Powerhouse
I think the huge plus for me is that I can take everything I need for a shoot; lights, audio recorder etc. and it all fits in a backpack so there’s no need for an assistant. But the real biggie is that you’ll be hard pressed to see the difference between footage shot on the new AirFlo Duo rig and the footage shot on a system totalling many thousands.
Some other important features;-
- It’s built extra tough for the rigours of day to day use
- With an optional gimbal extender it allows you to use your gimbals mini tripod so you can rest your arms between takes
- It’s been designed to be quiet so your audio won’t be ruined by the creaks and squeaks that those cheap Z stabilizers have.
- Packs down into an ultra compact size for those times when backpack space is tight!
- You can leave the tools at home with virtually tool-less adjustments in only seconds, not minutes
- A wide range of payloads with 3 Spring Sets
- Dual independent adjustable damping - from hard action to soft shots
- Dual independent load adjusters to adapt to your rig
- Adjust in minutes from high shot to upright to mid-height to low (briefcase) mode with an under-slung gimbal
- Get buttery smooth footage with little practice
- Built super tough from lightweight engineering polymers - Only 1kg (2.2 pounds) when in use.
- Handles come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio
- Comes almost fully assembled
What's in the Box:
- AirFlo M Duo Stabilizer
- Left and Right Handles
- Lubricating Grease
- 2 Bolted Knobs
- 3 sets of Springs - Light, Medium (installed), Heavy
- M2.5 Allen Key for spring changes
- Detailed Instruction Manual
|Weight - excluding extras||1kg (2.2 pounds)|
Operating Temperature Range
|-50C to 65C (-24F to 150F)|